Prof. Spyridon G. Mouroutsos
Dr-Eng Electrical Engineer
Prof Mouroutsos’s area of expertise is: Mechatronics, Systems Automation, and Standardization.
His research interests include:
- Mechatronics – Automation Systems – Robotics
- Intelligent and autonomous robots (humanoids, animated, underwater, flying, etc.)
- Data Fusion – sensors with applications in robotics and automation
- Computer architectures – microprocessors and their applications
- Standards and Certification
He has been a member of “Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE)”, “ASME”, “IEE”, “IEEE”, of the “University Teachers’ Association” for the Polytechnic School of the Democritus University of Thrace, of the Board of Directors, for which he had more active roles in numerous occasions (secretary, treasurer), as well as other various organizations and companies.
He has been a Referee, a Committee Member or Member of the Editorial Board for numerous International Scientific and Technical Journals and Conferences, and has acted as evaluator for National and EU research grant applications. He has more than 100 publications in refereed journals, technical proceedings and edited books.
University Campus, Kimmeria, 67100 Xanthi, Greece
tel. +30-25410-79517, cel. +30-6972244735,
e-mail: sgmour (at) duth.gr, sgmour (at) gmail.com, sgmour (at) mouroutsos.gr
Skype ID: sgmour
LinkedIn: Spyridon G. Mouroutsos
Facebook: Spyros G Mouroutsos