During the period March 1982 to date, we have supervised many diploma theses objects which are primarily in the following areas:
- Development of software for signal analysis-systems.
- Application of microcomputers in industrial control.
- Development of software for microcomputers to solve problems of classical and modern control.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
Computer Graphics and CAD / CAM.
- Digital Image Processing.
- Mechatronics and Robotics.
Proposed Topics (under known criteria):
During their studies students of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) of the Democritus University of Thrace (DUTh) build thesis in a subject which relates to the direction of study followed. The thesis is compulsory and lasts for one semester. The thesis is a systematic approach and analyze a problem, considering the existing literature and available data and using the knowledge gained throughout their studies.
The purpose of the thesis is to give the graduate student the opportunity to:
- Utilize his/her knowledge to address real issues.
- Find appropriate data sources and literature.
- Evaluate which of the methods, views and information are most appropriate for the issue to consider.
- Writes comprehensive, understandable and above all learn to structure the work Introduction – Analysis – Conclusions & Recommendations.
In this context and following the regulations, the Diploma Thesis, which are prepared under the supervision of Associate Professor Spyridon G. Mouroutsos, are proposed.